What you need to know before you list your home for sale…
Congratulations you have just taken the first step! Whether you are relocating, retiring or liquidating the family estate, we can help! By now you may have already discussed selling your home with your family and several other important people in your life. That’s great. The most important step at this point is to get educated on the process and learn as much as you can on how to capitalize on todays market.
Below are some questions you should ask before putting your home on the market.
- What’s my bottom line? How much money do I need to net after all expenses i.e. escrow fees, title fees, real estate commissions, loan payoff and anything else in order to make selling my home work for me?
- How do I make sure I price my home to sell for the most money and not underprice it?
- Have I looked at all the comparable sales in my neighborhood? How do I know if a home is comparable to mine?
- What kind of time frame should I expect? What is the process of selling like today?
- Do I need to prepare my home? If any, what changes should I make?
- What upgrades would give me the best return for my investment?
- How do I market and expose my home so that the highest number of buyers ultimately see my home?
- What are some ways to make sure I negotiate the best price for my home?
- What can I do to make sure I don’t have any legal exposure during and after the sale?
- How can I make this sale as easy and smooth as possible?
- How can I make sure my realtor is capable of doing what I need? How will I know if they have enough time for me? Are they experienced enough?
Give us a call and we’ll help you with all your real estate questions, whether you decide to sell now or 10 years from now.